Keeping Children Safe
Information for school staff and other professionals can be found under Staff / Safeguarding
Granby Primary School is committed to keeping your children safe, at school, at home, in the community, in the real world and in the virtual world. We try to provide parents with many sources of information to support this. For example:
- On our website, under the 'Staff' tab, you can read some of the guidance and information we give to staff on safeguarding, including how we record concerns using our confidential, secure reporting system.
- On the same page, you can refer to e-safety information we give to staff
- Keeping Children Safe in Education is the latest government guidance and this can also be found on the page above. Staff receive training and refresher training on all aspects of this.
- The website also has this page, aimed at parents. Many of the resources listed below come from the NSPCC and provide parents with sound advice on handling a range of issues.
- Also under the 'Parents' tab, you can find the very latest information on e-safety; along with some further sources of information.
- In the Key Stage 1 hall (the downstairs hall) you will find our parents' noticeboard on safeguarding with lots of information for you.
- We will regularly send home leaflets and information to help keep you up to date
- Our Designated Safeguarding Leaders are Peter Fowler (Head), Dale Cross (Deputy), Karen Parker (SENCo) and Sue Foreman (Office Manager)
|SAFEGUARDING - USEFUL TELEPHONE NUMBERS|
|Children’s Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Unit, Leicester City Council||0116 454 2440|
|Duty & Advice Service, Children’s Social Care, Leicester City Council||0116 454 1004|
|Duty & Advice Service, Children’s Social Care, Leicester City Council (Out of Hours)||0116 454 1004|
|Safeguarding in Education, Leicester City Council||0116 454 2440|
|Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)||0116 454 2440|
|Leicester Safeguarding Children Board||0116 454 6520|
|NSPCC helpline||0808 800 5000|